With HOME WORKING you can be based anywhere in Scotland
An exciting new key role has arisen with one of our highly regarded CA Firms for a qualified CA/ACCA with minimum 3 years PQE and proven audit background, to join this successful medium sized Firm as an Audit Manager-Technical.
This role can be based in Glasgow, Edinburgh or anywhere from home.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working directly with Partners to oversee a portfolio of clients and ensuring that compliance requirements are met;
- Provide high level technical guidance on accounting and audit issues to staff and partners;
- Maintaining high technical knowledge and awareness of emerging issues, attending courses to support this;
- Help develop audit processes and manuals within the firm.
- Providing proactive advice as to technical aspects and solutions to accounting and financial reporting;
- Presenting at internal training courses to Partners and staff;
- Perform various reviews to ensure audit quality across the firm
- Perform any special professional work as requested by partners.
The candidate will report to the Responsible individual on specific audits and the firm’s Quality Control Partner on technical issues.
Current or recent UK CA Firm background is essential, with experience ideally including not for profit audits.
As a qualified Accountant you will be organised, able to manage a portfolio of diverse clients concurrently, understand the importance of meeting client expectations and have the ability to identify emerging/relevant accounting issues for the audit department and areas of concern/areas for improvement proposing/devising/implementing appropriate training;
In return, our client offers a most attractive salary package, flexible working which can be working solely or partly from home and good prospects and scope to further develop.