Our client, a top 20 CA Firm with a vibrant, dynamic and highly professional audit department and currently looking to expand and develop their department. As such, they seek to recruit a qualified CA/ACCA with audit experience gained for another UK Accountancy Firm and strong client liaison skills.
You will lead a team within the Assurance and Advisory department dealing with a mixed portfolio of clients working to complete both statutory and non-statutory accounts and assist in the audits of clients within a designated time frame.
This post can be based in Glasgow or Edinburgh (dependent upon candidate preference)
• To work on clients premises leading a team on audit assignments, producing financial statements;
• Design and carry out assurance work in accordance with engagement plan.
• Organise work in accordance with engagement plan.
• Draft financial statements in accordance with current standards.
• Draft reports covering financial statements, client business issues, systems and controls and other issues in the engagement plan.
• Experience of working in a professional firm and working/assisting on audit assignments
• Able to approach projects logically, with good numerical skills.
• An attention to detail and accuracy is necessary and an essential part of the role.
• The ability to prioritise and deal with a variety of cases in a methodical manner.
• Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
• Proven accounting knowledge and experience.
• Computer literate with experience of IT packages including MS Excel, Word, email, Sage.
• The post holder will have a confident manner, an enthusiastic approach and demonstrate commercial awareness.
• Demonstrate an ability to work either independently or as part of a team.
• A flexible and adaptable approach is essential.
• Full driving licence is an advantage but not essential.
In return, our client offers an attractive salary and benefits package, with varied client portfolio and good prospects to further develop.